Directions to Lab for print (pdf 450KB)
- By train
- The JR Shinkansen Express (bullet train) connects major cities in Japan. From Tokyo to Sendai, take the Tohoku Shinkansen (JR East) from Tokyo Station to Sendai Station.
- By plane
- Domestic flights to Sendai Airport from Narita, Nagoya, and other major domestic airports are available.
- From Sendai Airport
- The Sendai Airport Access Line (railway) links Sendai Airport to JR Sendai Station (17-25 min. 650 yen).
- You can also take a taxi from the airport to JR Sendai Station (about 40 min. 5000-7000 yen) or to Aobayama Campus (about 50 min. 6000-8000 yen).
To Aobayama Campus
- By subway
- Take the Sendai Subway Tozai Line to Aobayama Station (9 min. 250 yen from Sendai Station), and then go out North 1 Exit of Aobayama Station.
- By taxi
- About 10 minutes 1600-2000 yen from Sendai Station to Aobayama Campus, Faculty of Science ("Tohoku Daigaku Rigakubu" in Japanese).
From Aobayama Station to Biology Building
- walking route
- 1. After exiting North 1 Exit of Aobayama Station, turn left and walk down the sidewalk along the roadway.
- 2. At the end of the sidewalk (at the junction of the entrance to Faculty of Science), veer off to the left and walk up the sloping road.
- 3. Turn left at the first corner (in front of a vehicle barrier gate) and go straight ahead.
- 4. You can find upstairs to the Biology Building.
To Tamura Lab
- Tamura lab is located on the 5th floor of the Biology Building, Aobayama Campus.
- Prof. Tamura's office is in room 509.
- Please call 022-795-6691 (from overseas: +81-22-795-6691) for detailed directions.